I was introduced to this gluten free pancake recipe by a friend of mine, and its become a firm favourite. It’s a simple recipe perfect for Saturday or Sunday brunch – I had mine with some dragonfruit, figs and honey, but would also go well with maple syrup and bacon, too.
The vanilla protein powder gives it a bit of flavour which is a nice accompaniment to the oats. If you prefer a smoother texture, whizz the oats in a food processor, or go for oat flour. Personally, I’m a fan of the texture so I left them as is.
I went for the Sun Warrior blend vanilla protein powder from Planet Organic: it’s dairy, soya and gluten free.
- 200g gluten free oats
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk (semi-skimmed or full fat)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Heat the butter in a pan: pour in batter for each pancake.
- When the mixture bubbles, flip the pancake over – the first side is done.
- Repeat for the second side.
- The batter should be enough for four people: I made it for two, and froze the pancakes individually. This makes it easier to pop frozen pancakes in the toaster: perfect for a quick weekday breakfast.