It finally feels like summertime, which can only mean one thing – mojitos!
Mojitos are my go-to cocktail in the summer months, so I was thrilled when the lovely people at the Body Shop got in touch about their new Virgin Mojito range.
I’ve tried the body butter, body scrub and body sorbet and the range smells incredible. The lime and mint really come through, with a little hint of cucumber – although that isn’t listed – and it’s a really fresh, summery scent. I’ve always loved Body Shop body butters in particular, and the virgin mojito one is no different. It’s thick and creamy, but with a light scent, meaning it’s not overpowering.
To celebrate the launch of Body Shop’s Happy Skin Virgin Mojito range, I’ve come up with a virgin mojito recipe for the summer months.
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- Handful of mint leaves
- Soda water
- At the bottom of each glass, grind the mint using the juice of half a lime, and half a spoon of sugar.
- Once the leaves have broken up a bit, add half a tablespoon of agave syrup.
- Top with soda water and ice, and a few extra mint leaves to serve.
This post was made in collaboration with the Body Shop, who sent me samples to review and reimbursed the cost of producing this post. As always, all opinions are my own – I wouldn’t blog about it if I didn’t love it!