Happy Friday, everyone!
If you didn’t manage to read my post on Monday about the Rennie Happy Eating event, then go back and catch up, or else you might feel a little lost!
So last time I left you, I had just found out what my mystery ingredient was for Rennie‘s Mystery Box Challenge.
My mystery ingredient turned out to be…
Luckily, I have attempted a couple of recipes using dragonfruit before (like my gluten-free pancakes!) But the stakes are high – a dinner for two at Restaurant Story, people – so I wanted to do something a little different.
The first time I had dragonfruit was when I went to visit my family in Cambodia. I was totally drawn to the colourful, exotic looking fruit, and I absolutely loved having for breakfast almost everyday while I was out there.
So I wanted to do something inspired by my time in Cambodia, which resulted in this recipe – my version of the traditional sticky rice and mango, but with a dragonfruit thrown in for good measure!
- 2 Cups of Sticky Rice (I used arborio)
- 4 Tablespoons of Palm Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of Desiccated Coconut
- Half Cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 Ripe Mango
- Half a Tablespoon of Butter
- Sesame Seeds
- Cook the cups of rice either in a rice cooker or on the stove.
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk until boiling.
- Add the palm sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Boil the coconut milk for about five minutes, and add butter, stirring until smooth.
- Place the sticky rice on a plate and arrange pieces of sliced mango and dragonfruit.
- Top with desiccated coconut, palm caramel and the sesame seeds.
- Serve warm.
The palm caramel is absolutely delicious – I actually think it would be a brilliant topping or replacement for fudge.
I’d absolutely LOVE it if you would go over and check out the recipe over on the SORTEDfood site – and give it a cheeky vote! I’m in for the chance to win a dinner for two at Restaurant Story, and I’ve wanted to go for ages!