After my trip to Wales last weekend, I’ve been itching to go away. I was also away in Lisbon for work this week, but didn’t get any time to go exploring, and it’s got me thinking about my next holiday!
The team at the Bolsover Cruise Club invited me to submit an entry for their #MeddySteadyCook competition, inspired by the flavours of the Mediterranean. I adapted my go-to barbecue sidedish recipe to include some Cypriot halloumi I was recently gifted, and it is good.
This halloumi, lentil and chorizo salad is incredibly simple to make, but is delicious and pretty fail-proof, too! It’s perfect for BBQs, or as a side dish for grilled fish or chicken.
- 200g puy lentils
- 100g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 onion
- 50g halloumi
- 50g chorizo
- 50g olives
- 1 lemon
- Rocket (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Boil the lentils in water for 25 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the lentils, and add the chopped onion, olives and tomatoes to the dish.
- In a frying pan, fry the halloumi until crispy, and using the same pan fry slices of chorizo.
- Season with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and garnish with rocket to serve.
I was invited to participate in the #MeddySteadyCook competition, but all views are my solely my own.