I couldn’t let bread week on the Great British Bake Off pass me by without sharing my latest favourite recipe – a gluten-free porridge bread!
My grandmother made this for me for the first time, and it’s my new favourite bread recipe. It might sound odd, but it is absolutely delicious – the oats make it smell like hobnobs out of the oven, and it’s at its best eaten fresh with some butter and marmite.
- 300ml Yoghurt
- 2 Eggs
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Milk
- 500g Gluten-free oats
- 2 Teaspoons of Bicarbonate of Soda
- ½ Teaspoon of Salt
- Oat Bran (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine the yoghurt, eggs, milk, and oats with the bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- If you aren't a fan of a coarse textured bread, blend until fine in a food processor.
- Pop the mixture into a one pound bread loaf tin, and bake for 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes, take the loaf out of the tin.
- Pop the loaf back in the oven for a further 10 minutes - this will create a really nice crust all over.
- Let cool, and eat with lots of butter!